What are Ignite Talks?
Ignite Talks consist of speaking for five minutes accompanied by a slideshow of 20 images, automatically advancing every 15 seconds. Ignite Foothills Date and Location TBD.
Are these impromptu speeches?
No. The speeches and slide decks are prepared by the speakers.
How can I find out more?
Email us for further details at Admin@IgniteFoothills.ca
I’ve never done this kind of thing before…
That’s fabulous! This is a forum for emerging speakers to “test their wings” in front of an appreciative audience at a great venue.
I’m an experienced speaker. WIIFM?
- The venue is great,
- the audience is appreciative and numbers over 200
- the videographer is amazing,
- your video will be professionally edited
- your video will be posted on the ignitetalks.io website for an international audience
- your video will be posted on the Ignite Foothills and Ignite Calgary websites
- you will have the option to purchase a media package including the professionally edited video and photographs of you on stage.
Are speakers paid for presenting at Ignite?
Speakers are not paid to speak. There is also no fee for speakers, although you will have the option to purchase a media package including the professionally edited video and photographs of you on stage for $150.
A word from Ignite HQ
Ignite Talks is a fast-paced geek event started in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since the first Ignite took place in Seattle around 10 years ago, Ignite has become an international phenomenon, with Ignite events produced in Helsinki, Tunisia, Paris, New York City and over 350 other locations in between.
Ignite’s mission is “Everyone Speaks”. We believe that public speaking builds confidence in individuals and that events like Ignite build community. Our goal is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to learn to present their ideas and their stories.
Microsoft is one of the sponsors of Ignite Talks.